The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...' --Isaac Asimov
That's Funny… random header image

Day 4: In the Ice

January 17th, 2014 No Comments

Barrow, Alaska January 16, 2014 -32°C (-26°F), clear, light wind Sometimes it seems like 90% of my job is waiting for ice to melt. And the other 10% is me taking selfies of my epic beard-cicles. We measured the temperature of this ice every 10 cm (4 in) in the field and then cut it […]

Tags:   · · · · · ·

IPY2012 FrostByte on ‘hima’ and ‘ddmp’

March 2nd, 2012 No Comments

I’ve made a short video teaser for my upcoming talk at the IPY2012 conference in Montreal. Check it out! [It took me all day to find the right combination of tools to produce this simple video in Linux! First I tried making it as a presentation in OpenOffice Impress, exporting that as a swf video […]

Tags:   · · · · · · · · ·